blogging because.

Monday, February 14, 2011

be mine busan

A rather unannounced snow storm left Busan under a thick layer of fluffy goodness this Valentine's day. Students, staff...singles alike took to the streets as if nothing had changed. Really, the ever so brave Korean women were still sporting their stacked heels, tights and denim cut offs. For my chickadees, this was their first experience with a true snowfall.
a man covered in snow
and it was a ball
Kindly our principal let us out early to bounce around the playground. Everyone kept asking me if the weather reminded me of home, it did somewhat, but mostly I remembered the magic that follows the first flakes.
Hyunhee and I stepped out
 The quiet calm of winter that falls over you, ignites a craving for a cup of tea and a good book, perched before a crackling fire.
Yas and I join the effort to make Jemm more creative. We ended up leading the project start to finish.
Of course there was no fire to be found so I settled on fun with my students, pasteries, chocolate, tea and crafts with some girlfriends.

Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment