blogging because.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fresh Air


Literally and metaphorically, I am breathing it in.

This weekend we visited Beomousa Temple and hiked Geumjeong Mountain. Standing proud at the base of the mountain, Beomousa is renown for its intricate craftsmanship and vibrant colouring. Onlookers cannot help but succumb to the calm that percolates through the historical building, a feeling reinforced by the surrounding Buddhist sculptures.
We began our hike through a winding bamboo forest. The path, decorated with remnants of climbers before us, narrowed as we made our final push for the summit. Naturally, I forgot my epi pen and inhaler at home so in addition to the massive lactic acid build up in my legs, I was trying my very best to avoid the obvious…After an hour or so we broke through the tree line revealing the most incredible panoramic view of Busan and the rolling hills that envelope it.  The three of us sprawled on the warm rock face soaking in the view and chatting about how wonderful an experience it is to live and work abroad. Before making our descent, I took a conscious deep breath in. Reinvigorated and full of positive energy, I could not help but feel so lucky. With a smile ear to ear, I made my way back to civilization.
our pocket full of sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment