blogging because.

Friday, January 27, 2012

find comfort in discomfort

Words.
January 26th @ the ROM
A collection of letters arranged together.
Instead of understanding them just the way they are, I look in, between and beneath them as they dance around and around my head.
  
Last night at the first installment of the lululemon expansion series, our instructor Linda Malone (iam yoga), encouraged us to "find comfort in discomfort," breathe deeply and resist the urge to come out of challenging poses. In these instances, where does your mind go? For anyone that knows me well, you can agree, that I struggle with living in the moment. Despite genuine efforts to be present you will hear me reliving a memory, fixating on something I cannot control, or gearing up for the next phase of my life plan. My Mum has urged me time and again to be less rigid. As shoot her a smile of appeasement, my nods are really saying "blah blah blah." 
  
...but perhaps she is onto something.
  
Her sentiments were echoed last night, "find comfort in discomfort." Whether an elaborate yoga pose or the uncertainty that lies within every one of life's funny twists and turns, find your breath - it won't last for forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment